Capella University Master of Science in Education (July 16, 2001)
- GPA: 4.0 (Summa Cum Laude)
Whitworth College Bachelor Degrees in Education and English (May 14, 1993)
- GPA: 4.0 (Summa Cum Laude); Top Education Student Award
University of New Mexico Hospitals | Albuquerque, NM
Videographer (Instructional Design Analyst) January 2015 – present
- Manage educational video productions from concept to finished product
- Edit using the Adobe Creative Suite: including Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop
- Prepare videos for use in a learning management system (Learning Central)
Emergency Operations Training Academy | Albuquerque, NM
Instructional Designer (Training Specialist III) August 2012 – January 2015
- Developed curriculum for Emergency Public Information (EPI)
- Presented at EPI national conference on how to use software we developed
- Produced educational videos for use in a learning management system
- Created storyboards for new courses under development
Freedrama.net Theatre Education | Remote
Writer, Owner June 2001 – present
- Develop educational resources for schools, actors and community theatre
- Create curriculum for an introductory acting class
- Teach online courses in acting
Heritage Online (Antioch University) | Remote
Instructor January 2013 – present
- Teach online students drama and writing
CONTACT DOUG LARSON FOR WRITING, VIDEO OR INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN HELP AT DOUG@FREEDRAMA.NET
REGIONAL EMMY AWARD WINNING VIDEOS BY DOUG LARSON
OTHER VIDEOS PRODUCED BY DOUG LARSON
Code Silver Active Shooter from UNM Health Sciences Center on Vimeo.
AWARD WINNING PROJECT FEATURED ON CNN AND CBS
Featured Published Plays
Free Writing Samples
“Hipster Hobos” Short sketch comedy skit about when being too cool is too annoying. 1+ m 1+ w (3-6+ total).
“The Waiting Room” A serious dramatic scene for three actors any gender but written for 3 men (link goes to Freedrama blog) from the published play “Death of an Insurance Salesman”
“Pain Scale” A wacky comedy scene for two actors any gender but written for 2 men
“Cell Phone Zombies” Short sketch comedy skit about cell phones and time travel. Written for 4 actors of either gender and options for several extra actors.
Find 100% Free Previews of School Plays and Low Cost PDF at Freedrama.net
So you would like to be an actor?
The first step is to figure out why you want to be one.
Ask yourself, “Why do I want to be an actor?”
If you want to be rich and famous, that can be a long and difficult road that requires a lot of luck.
But if you want to be an actor because it is fun or it brings you joy or you like entertaining others, then this could be the right choice for you.
Decide why you want to act, figure out why it is important to you and what kind of actor you want to be.
STEP ONE: KEEP A JOURNAL (POST TO BLOG)
To get a certificate of completion: Please write a journal for each day you do this acting class online. You’ll share this journal with your instructor (D. M. Larson) and others online at this linkhttp://freedramaplays.blogspot.com/2016/01/part-1-free-acting-school-from.html in the comments at the bottom of the blog.
Answer the question: “Why you want to act, figure out why it is important to you and what kind of actor you want to be.” Go on to Day 2 after you’ve completed this blog posting.
After completing all the lessons in the class, you will also need to complete two recordings of yourself acting (audio or video) and make changes to each after getting suggestions from your instructor.
ACTING TIP FROM MERYL STREEP: “Acting is not about being someone different. It’s finding the similarity in what is apparently different, then finding myself in there.”